Author Topic: Be silent all flesh before the Lord  (Read 9904 times)

hmmhmm

• Новодошъл
Be silent all flesh before the Lord
« on: June 09, 2008, 11:15:15 AM »
I have been reading lately the book of Zechariah, and yesterday there where two passages that stood out to me. One was this

Zec 2:13  Be silent, O all flesh, before the LORD: for he is raised up out of his holy habitation.

In the Swedish version i prefer the translators chose to translate silent with "still".

I thought about this, how important it is for us to crucify the flesh and its lusts, my own experience is the flesh speaks and try to speak the most in moments we ought to have it killed, as in prayer time, or raising up early in the morning for seeking the Lord, the flesh speaks against this.

And also i notice in times of "backsliding" and listening to the flesh that the Lords working through me is hindered, His "raising up" from within me is hindered, and this effects everything, as a member in the body this speaking could distort the whole body.

I am thinking if our arms and legs would do their own thing at the same time , speaking and moving as they like. There would be no good function for that body, maybe so it is with many of us today in Christendom, we are so fleshly we speak so much God can not raise up from his Holy Habitation.

Which is the church today as i understand it. Are we preventing the Lords working by letting our flesh speak?

the second thing was this.

Zec 7:5  "Say to all the people of the land, and to the priests: 'When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh months during those seventy years, did you really fast for Me--for Me? (NKJV)

It stood out to me, that how often have i fasted and mourned because I was afflicted or was in trouble, and not so much because I was worried about the purity of the church and his Holy name being glorified.

How much of my practice and faith really revolves around me?

Probably a lot more then i am concision of, but I am starting to see certain things and i am thankful to God for showing me them.

Brother Christian